In a recipe, when i hear the word “loaf” i think of greasy, dense cake.
Not so with this recipe. My version is adapted from Paula Deen’s Pumpkin Bars. Paula Deen developed diabetes, and since then, she and her two sons are adapting her own recipes themselves. Here is my version.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- one 4 oz. single serving of applesauce (Santa Cruz organic unsweetened)
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (i used half fresh pumpkin puree and 1/2 canned)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (you can grind Quaker Oats in a coffee grinder)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
Mix wet ingredients. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Combine and mix again. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Pour. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Test with knife in center. Cool. Add a dollop of freshly whipped cream. Cut with a pumpkin sandwich/cookie cutter. Serve with fresh apple slices.
Freshly Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Add both ingredients to a mixing bowl and blend with whisk attachment until slightly stiff peaks form.
*If you’d like to print this recipe, you’ll find a print option below.