Inspired by my niece’s recent trip to Greece, i switched out the bread, cheese & vinegar in this recipe so i could live vicariously through her stories and cuisine!
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
1/8 tsp coarse sea salt
dash of pepper
4 heirloom or roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 cup green pepper, diced
1/2 cup red pepper, diced
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
optional: splash of red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
optional: serve with Kalamata olives and a glass of red wine never hurts ;).
1. Combine first five ingredients into a small bowl and set aside.
2. Dice all your fresh veggies.
3. Grill the plain pita bread over medium heat until lightly toasted and stiff. Immediately cut into fourths and brush with the garlic rosemary olive oil.
4. Top veggies over pita wedges & brush on more oil.
5. Sprinkle with feta and serve immediately.
Now “Mangia!” which means eat in Italian and “Opa!” an exclamation to party, get down and dance with joy in Greek.